Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Why not add an avatar to your profile ?

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Tuneboy  (Read 1398 times)

Offline marcdanz

• Tiger Pro
Tuneboy
« on: 09 September, 2007, 01:47:23 AM »
Anyone here using Tuneboy s/w to modify the f/i maps? I'm familiar with it from my other Triumph, and it's supposedly pretty good ("bitchen" as we say here in CA, or "dog's bollocks" as you guys over in the UK say).

But I'd be interested in hearing whether anyone he actually has it.

Offline Yogotta B. Biking

• Tiger Master
Re: Tuneboy
« Reply #1 on: 09 September, 2007, 01:29:32 PM »
Search around the Triumph forums on Tuneboy, gr8 software.
However, they are doing some dev work for the Tiger 1050ABS which seems to be outstanding. By then we will all be there and using it.
« Last Edit: 09 September, 2007, 02:12:22 PM by Yogotta B. Biking »
Mine - Tiger powered by ST
std, minus 4Kg.

Offline Rayleon1

• Tiger Master
« Reply #2 on: 09 September, 2007, 04:29:52 PM »
Hi,
   yes, i have a Tuneboy, i used it yesterday to run a new map for the Powercone i fitted, I downloaded the map from Tuneboy and it sems to bo fine.I'm booked in at PDQ soon to put the bike on their dyno, you can link the Tuneboy into their  Power commander system and work some fine tuning magic on the bike, then save the new tune as a map, i'll let you know how it goes.

Ray
Triumph Explorer
Kawasaki KLE500
XL600LMF

Offline TigerTim1050

• Tiger God
  • The older I get the better I used to be
« Reply #3 on: 09 September, 2007, 06:11:25 PM »
I'm looking forward to hearing how you get on - I've the TOR pipe and remap. and when taking my wife on the back for the first time during the week (I only got the bike last Saturday), at low revs the hesitation/flat spot made me look like a learner again.

How much do you have to spend on hardware to enable an expert like PDQ to remap with a NICE (but powerful) map please? Any idea if this would affect the Triumph warranty?
 :490:
Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.

Offline Rayleon1

• Tiger Master
« Reply #4 on: 09 September, 2007, 10:06:02 PM »
TigerTim,
               PDQ use the Power Commander stuff so they'll sell you the PCIII hardware, I don't need this as I have the Tuneboy cable and software and can connect using this setup, the Tuneboy was ?230, a power commander is about ?280, then you need to add the fee for time spent on the rolling road at ?60 an hour.

The reason I bought the Tuneboy was that I intend to hang onto the bike for a good few years and it would be handy to have for diagnostics and to be able to change the mappings myself for a bit more performance or maybe a map to give me good fuel economy when touring, I won't go for balls out performance map because if I really wanted a manic sports bike I would have just gone out and bought a ZX12 or Hayabusa. I was told to try PDQ by the workshop guy at my Triumph dealer as he didn't have a map for the powercone and said that they'd do a much better job, I will have to be careful though as going silly could void my warranty but then PDQ do know their engines and what would be the best set-up. I put one of the downloadable maps on yesterday that I got from the Tuneboy site, it was for the 1050cc Tiger with aftermarket exhaust with catalyst and secondary air injection, it only take 2 minutes to upload to the ecu, I took it out for a run this morning and to say it makes it a different bike is an under-statement, the K&N filter and powercone are well worth thinking about buying.
I'll let you know how it went at PDQ.

http://www.tuneboy.com.au/Compare/Compare.html

http://www.pdq1.co.uk/
Triumph Explorer
Kawasaki KLE500
XL600LMF

Offline TigerTim1050

• Tiger God
  • The older I get the better I used to be
« Reply #5 on: 10 September, 2007, 07:29:38 AM »
Thanks, Rayleon

I'm watching with interest.......  :152:
Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.

Offline ardvark1

• Tiger Member
« Reply #6 on: 12 September, 2007, 01:40:17 PM »
Hello Rayleon1,
With the Tuneboy software are you able to save the present tune (be it stock or TOR) in the ecu for future use as needed? I know with autos (in the USA) it is wise to convert back to stock tune when bringing it in for warranty. I have no idea whether that would factor in with Triumph or not but it would be nice to go back to the original tune if desired.
Future Ride:
Tiger 1050!!
Current Rides:
1975 Ducati 860GT (owned since new) Modified
Past rides:
1994 HD Heritage Softtail
1973 750 Norton Commando
1971 Ducati 450RT Desmo
        Ossa 250 Phantom
        Ossa 250 Pioneer
        Bronco 125
1969 Honda 175 Scrambler

Offline Rayleon1

• Tiger Master
« Reply #7 on: 12 September, 2007, 07:45:18 PM »
ardvark1,
             yes, you can save your current map to your laptop and put it back anytime you like.
Triumph Explorer
Kawasaki KLE500
XL600LMF