Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Why not add an avatar to your profile ?

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: detailed review - all good  (Read 2297 times)

Offline LongRanger

• Tiger Member
Re: detailed review - all good
« Reply #10 on: 18 March, 2012, 06:34:04 PM »
I finished the Ash on Bikes brief test article and I've totally wiped the slate clean and I'm starting over, this Triumph Explorer is now the one. And that pic of the blue one in front of the yellowy mud shack is now my screen saver. Far better looking than the reports of some. And far beyond the competition.

Offline ChrisLX200

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Tiger1050
  • City / Town: Macclesfield
« Reply #11 on: 18 March, 2012, 09:13:59 PM »
How do Triumph suddenly decide the service interval is now an 'industry leading' 10,000 miles (and 20,000 for a major service)?  Why should the oil and filters (for example) last longer on this bike when it's heavier and pushing out more power? It sounds good - cheap to run for potential customers who look at service costs - but what have they done that is actually different to a 1050? The oil filter might be larger capacity but crap will still accumulate in it and also combustion products in the oil. Would you run your oil for 10,000 miles?
Blue '09 Tiger1050
Green '10 Scrambler

Offline tiggersteve

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 1050 now KTM 1290SAS
  • City / Town: doddington cambs
« Reply #12 on: 18 March, 2012, 09:31:24 PM »
as far as i'm aware the 1200 is a totally new ground up motor,
build quality methods and oil have moved on since 2006, if thats what they say  then fine,
slightly diffrent but my Audi uses long life oil and goes 20k as recomended it's now on 150+k
with no issues

Offline StPeter

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: White Tiger 1050
  • City / Town: Wellingborough
« Reply #13 on: 18 March, 2012, 10:42:15 PM »
 :0461:
With the latest manfacturing techniques and machinery, tighter tolerances are possible, moving production units closer to the design ideal. My old diesel Octavia VRs had "variable" service intervals which were always around18k and I didn't exactly hang around. The only time I had to top up with oil between services was when I blasted it across France at an average well into three figures  :192:
If it's properly designed and built and kept topped up with oil, the ECU prevents the worst of abuse so there's no reason why an engine can't go10k between services.
It says here.

Time will tell. I'll not be among the early adopters, though, however much I like the shaft drive.
When I was fourteen, I couldn't believe how stupid my father was. When I was twenty one, I couldn't believe how much he'd learned  in the previous seven years. (Mark Twain)