Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Warm welcome to our new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Tune help needed  (Read 438 times)

Offline bampy

• Tiger Master
Tune help needed
« on: 31 January, 2012, 07:42:25 PM »
Want to upgrade the bike for more power looking to change to Pipercross or BMC filter, maybe a Zard can, ceramic coating the pipes and get rid of the cat.

Firstly is there a better combination if I do the mods bit by bit will I need a re-map at each stage, if I remove the cat will it fail the MOT and lastly will cermaic coating the pipes make a difference.

Offline Qoob

• Tiger Master
  • Pronounced 'cube' - Siberian '59 Tiger
  • Bike/Model: White '59 Tiger
  • City / Town: Sheffield
Re: Tune help needed
« Reply #1 on: 31 January, 2012, 09:52:20 PM »
With a New filter and zard pipe you can try the factory arrow race tune (mod the airbox too).  Without the cat you're looking at possibly using Indy's tune.

As for ceramic coating, main benefits are reduced external temp of headers, easier cleaning, longevity and more heat going out the end can.

There are different options, ceramic paint or plasma sprayed.  The former is the cheapest at about 120 quid from camcoat.  The latter I priced up from zircotec, are you sitting down?  For their basic black primary coating is approx 280 + shipping.  For their performance colour range it's just shy of 400 + shipping  :005:

The MOT ain't a problem, bikes dont get emissions tested like a car  :152:
-- Steve --

There is no beginning or end, only change.

Offline indytiger1050

• Tiger Supporter
  • Supreme Tiger
  • Bike/Model: 2007 White Tiger
  • City / Town: Indianapolis
Re: Tune help needed
« Reply #2 on: 01 February, 2012, 04:32:59 AM »
  :0461:

Support the forum.   :031: