Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Why not add an avatar to your profile ?

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: H9 LED  (Read 1105 times)

Offline dr. jones

• Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: 2010 Tiger 1050se
  • City / Town: Framingham, MA
Re: H9 LED
« Reply #10 on: 30 December, 2011, 01:11:54 AM »
not the review i wanted to hear, but i appreciate the heads up. given the rate of development in the LED arena i suspect we'll get a better version within a few years. until then, i guess i'll go for HID on the low beam, and LEDs for the aux lights.

thanks
Nothing is foolproof to a talented fool.

Offline dikman

• Non Active
  • Supreme Tiger
« Reply #11 on: 31 December, 2011, 04:08:03 AM »
One potential problem with high-intensity LED assemblies is that they apparently generate quite a bit of heat and need decent heat-sinks and/or fans and should be placed in an airflow if possible. It makes using them as headlight replacements a bit problematical in our case.
'08 Tiger Blue (Gone but not forgotten).....replaced with
'08 Guzzi Breva (the lump).
'05 Opal/Tangerine T-100 Bonnie

Offline StPeter

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: White Tiger 1050
  • City / Town: Wellingborough
« Reply #12 on: 01 January, 2012, 11:29:46 PM »
Interesting point, Dikman. Some of the serious indoor lighting replacement have some very stylish heatsinkery attached to them. However . . . LEDs are more efficient than, say halogen; so how does the halogen mange to lose the (greater) amount of heat it generates?

It's a bit too late/I've had too many late nights over the last week/the tide's gone oute on too many bottles for me to work that one out!

Happy New Year to all, by the way
When I was fourteen, I couldn't believe how stupid my father was. When I was twenty one, I couldn't believe how much he'd learned  in the previous seven years. (Mark Twain)

Online indytiger1050

• Tiger Supporter
  • Supreme Tiger
  • Bike/Model: 2007 White Tiger
  • City / Town: Indianapolis
« Reply #13 on: 02 January, 2012, 12:57:39 PM »
*Originally Posted by dikman [+]
One potential problem with high-intensity LED assemblies is that they apparently generate quite a bit of heat and need decent heat-sinks and/or fans and should be placed in an airflow if possible. It makes using them as headlight replacements a bit problematical in our case.
:0461:
I have noticed the same thing Dik.
I am perplexed, I thought led's consumed low wattage.
I thought there was a wattage/heat correlation.
The main reason incandescent lamps are to be pulled, 90% heat only 10% light.  Curious that such a low wattage item puts out that much heat. 
Support the forum.   :031:

Offline luisc

• Tiger Pro
  • City / Town: Hialeah FL
« Reply #14 on: 05 January, 2012, 05:22:16 AM »
I have a shop in the corner that sells it the owner told me  this h9 leds provided 1800 lumen so i went to the HID way 2500 lumen