Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Warm welcome to our new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Anyone local install a tune?  (Read 680 times)

Offline ABHulgan

• Tiger Newbie
Anyone local install a tune?
« on: 27 November, 2011, 03:28:14 PM »
Hey folks,
I bought an 07 Tiger a few months ago. The PO had a TOR pipe on it, then reinstalled the OE pipe some time before I bought the bike (and he's yet to give me the promised TOR pipe :013:). To his memory he'd not reset the ECU when switching back to the stock exhaust.

The bike has the characteristic snatchy throttle, but also surges below 4k rpms. Fuel economy is pretty good though; I can easily get over 200 miles per tank.

My root question is to ask if there is anyone local (within a hundred or so miles) and competent to install/reset my ECU using an updated map for a stock bike. I've read a bunch on how to do it, but I'm not computer savvy at all and fear that I will screw something up, and don't want to do it myself. I have a dealer 15 miles away but I'm not sure of their skill, as Triumph is a byline to their chopper business.

I'm in the Chattanooga TN area. Any willing good Samaritans? PM me or email to ABHulgan@yahoo.com.

Offline SPOAT

• Tiger God
Re: Anyone local install a tune?
« Reply #1 on: 27 November, 2011, 07:18:00 PM »
Howdy Y'all,

Welcome the the Tiger circle.

Are you going to install the TOR pipe?  If so, leave the TOR map as is.

Offline ABHulgan

• Tiger Newbie
« Reply #2 on: 27 November, 2011, 10:04:45 PM »
Not planning to re-install the TOR pipe. If I ever get it in my hands I'll most likely sell it; I don't find myself needing more power than the bike provides right now. I would just like to baseline the ECU and know where I stand with it. Thanks.

Offline dikman

• Non Active
  • Supreme Tiger
« Reply #3 on: 27 November, 2011, 10:16:05 PM »
 :405:. If you're really that uncomfortable with computers, do you have a mate who's a bit of a computer junkie? Probably wouldn't be hard to get him interested, the software is free and not at all difficult to use. The only thing you would have to do is buy a cable. It's pretty easy to install a tune.
'08 Tiger Blue (Gone but not forgotten).....replaced with
'08 Guzzi Breva (the lump).
'05 Opal/Tangerine T-100 Bonnie

Offline indytiger1050

• Tiger Supporter
  • Supreme Tiger
  • Bike/Model: 2007 White Tiger
  • City / Town: Indianapolis
« Reply #4 on: 28 November, 2011, 12:38:14 AM »
Mbtiger is 5 hours north of you and I am 7.
You could always send us your ecu and we could flash it for you.
Support the forum.   :031: