Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Why not add an avatar to your profile ?

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: saw it today?  (Read 1468 times)

Offline tiggersteve

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 1050 now KTM 1290SAS
  • City / Town: doddington cambs
saw it today?
« on: 26 November, 2011, 08:58:00 PM »
well saw the almighty explorer today at the NEC,
wasn't totally blown away to be honest, couple of obsevations,
seat release stuck up the back waiting to seize up with all the crap thrown up by the rear tyre,
clutch and brake levers that small hands can actully reach,
the whole front end is plastic plastic plastic, reckon seat was in the low position as i could reach the floor easier than my 1050,
area where the shaft drive mounts to the engine looks like an add on not integrated into the crank cases
so easy chain drive conversion for next speed trip, hopefully a new version of our 1050 and anything else they have in mind, apparently the sprint ST is no more so a replacement with the 12 motor ???
at the mo not sure it's for me

Offline wayneschumann

• Tiger Pro
Re: saw it today?
« Reply #1 on: 26 November, 2011, 11:35:33 PM »
i went today and was not impresed .as you say there is far to much plastic on the front.
things i noticed were   screen to high for me . i would be looking through it all the time.the luggage moves about a hell of a lot. also when sitting on it in a riding posision my left heel was on ther center stand.It would take alot of bike to get me off the 1050.....the 1200 is'nt it.

cheers   wayne

Offline 148Stu

• Tiger Pro
  • "You Pass This Life But Once"
  • Bike/Model: 2010Tiger1050SE
  • City / Town: Wigan
« Reply #2 on: 04 December, 2011, 05:04:18 PM »
I seen it down at the NEC, must admit it didnt make me feel how i thought it would??? Dont quite get the "plastic" quotes from above? as our 1050's are still all plastic at the front end just minus the "beak" of the new bike...

BMW stand was just as busy as the Triumph stand, especially the GS's  :007:
2010 SE / Arrow Race / K&N / Booster Plug / Arrow Race Map / Maxton Suspension

Offline tiggersteve

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 1050 now KTM 1290SAS
  • City / Town: doddington cambs
« Reply #3 on: 04 December, 2011, 05:27:05 PM »
*Originally Posted by 148Stu [+]
I seen it down at the NEC, must admit it didnt make me feel how i thought it would??? Dont quite get the "plastic" quotes from above? as our 1050's are still all plastic at the front end just minus the "beak" of the new bike...

BMW stand was just as busy as the Triumph stand, especially the GS's  :007:

it's just all the individual bits and pieces they're not a pliable flexible but a brittle feel
shrouds round the tank and rad, just plasticky  :027:

Offline TimeLord

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 1050
  • City / Town: St Remy Du Plain
« Reply #4 on: 05 December, 2011, 04:02:05 PM »
I went to the Paris show yesterday and had a sit on one and a good old prod about, I thought on first viewing it looked huge but once sat there it felt good, the Triumph stand was heaving with people , to get a sit on the Tiger 1050 I had to wait for ages.. :002: :002:
Slowly Running Out of Road

Offline scottorque

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike/Model: 2008 Tiger SE
  • City / Town: Brisbane
« Reply #5 on: 18 February, 2012, 07:51:10 PM »
Saw and sat on the 1200 yesterday. First impression is that its not as big as it looks in photos or as tall. I could flat foot on it with the seat at the lowest setting - I'm 5'7 and I was wearing flip flops. I'd rather take this thing off road than the new (ish) Tenere. Its going to give some BMW GS shoppers something to think about.

It's about 5% bigger than the 800 and feels about as heavy as my 1050 Tiger. I reckon Triumph will sell boatloads of them.

Offline SPOAT

• Tiger God
« Reply #6 on: 18 February, 2012, 11:48:11 PM »
Wondering if it will have forged pistons?

Offline StPeter

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: White Tiger 1050
  • City / Town: Wellingborough
« Reply #7 on: 18 February, 2012, 11:56:54 PM »
Is that "forged" as in hammered into shape or "forged" as in an imitation of the real thing created to deceive?
 :008:
When I was fourteen, I couldn't believe how stupid my father was. When I was twenty one, I couldn't believe how much he'd learned  in the previous seven years. (Mark Twain)

Offline NiK

• Tiger God
  • City / Town: Marseille
« Reply #8 on: 20 February, 2012, 10:59:35 AM »
*Originally Posted by StPeter [+]
Is that "forged" as in hammered into shape or "forged" as in an imitation of the real thing created to deceive?
 :008:
Could be both.
(c;
The world divides in two: those who own a Triumph and those who never tried one...