Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Why not add an avatar to your profile ?

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Cat & SAI  (Read 809 times)

Offline alpha1050

• Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 1050
  • City / Town: Stockport
Cat & SAI
« on: 12 August, 2011, 10:43:25 AM »
Please excuse the noob question but being a new tiger owner/member I'm allowed one or two.

Would an 07 UK model tiger 1050 have SAI & Cat exhaust fitted as standard?

Regards.
2007 Tiger 1050 Scorched Yellow
20614 via TuneECU,De-Cat,TOR.
Airbox Mod,K&N,19t front,Lowering Kit
Fender Extender,Twinlight Driver3

Offline nigelj

• Tiger God
  • City / Town: Cheddington
Re: Cat & SAI
« Reply #1 on: 12 August, 2011, 11:14:41 AM »
No need to excuse yourself...after 50 years I still ask noob/daft questions  :008:

The answer is yes, your bike has cat and sai.

Offline alpha1050

• Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 1050
  • City / Town: Stockport
« Reply #2 on: 12 August, 2011, 11:21:23 AM »
many thanks nigelj, now all I have to do is read the ECU to find out what map is in there and choose a better one off TuneECU web site.....easy.

Regards  :028:
2007 Tiger 1050 Scorched Yellow
20614 via TuneECU,De-Cat,TOR.
Airbox Mod,K&N,19t front,Lowering Kit
Fender Extender,Twinlight Driver3

Offline guraki

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 1050 black
  • City / Town: Patras
« Reply #3 on: 04 October, 2011, 10:41:44 PM »
Can someone tell me where cat and SAI are placed on the bike???

Online indytiger1050

• Tiger Supporter
  • Supreme Tiger
  • Bike/Model: 2007 White Tiger
  • City / Town: Indianapolis
« Reply #4 on: 05 October, 2011, 02:52:02 AM »
*Originally Posted by guraki [+]
Can someone tell me where cat and SAI are placed on the bike???
  Take a moment and introduce your self, along with where and picture is great.

Cat,  follow headers to bottom of bike, first sheild covers a bulge. It's in there. 
Tough stuff to get out.

Sai, under the gas tank top front of engine. Small plates cover the reed valves.

Removing cat, plus nice exhaust and proper tune = more HP
SAI removal will reduce burble and flame effects.  I like both. 
Support the forum.   :031:

Offline mbtiger

• Tiger God
  • honda 919 .tiger 1050
  • City / Town: Borden, Indiana
« Reply #5 on: 10 October, 2011, 12:42:21 PM »
 :0461: Indy looking forward to my cat falling out, so I can get your tune. Wayne said I should get better gas milage, I said I doubt it. I have riden Indy's bike and my right wrist will go crazy twisting the throttle. :047: It was agreed that I would not better M.P.G.!  :182:

Offline fjrod

• Tiger Master
« Reply #6 on: 31 October, 2011, 12:48:59 AM »
*Originally Posted by mbtiger [+]
:0461: Indy looking forward to my cat falling out, so I can get your tune. Wayne said I should get better gas milage, I said I doubt it. I have riden Indy's bike and my right wrist will go crazy twisting the throttle. :047: It was agreed that I would not better M.P.G.!  :182:
I put the probability of the cat "falling out" right up there with me winning the lottery four weeks in a row  :001:  Took mine out with an air chisel, long drills, cold chisels a lot, and I mean a LOT of cussing.  That was NOT a fun job for an ill equipped amateur like me.  What did it accomplish?  Pipe is a bit louder.  Definitely did NOT increase gas mileage, might have gone the other way a bit.  Makes you feel like you are going faster but I don't think you really are  :084:  Makes the bike lighter until fill your luggage or you eat a couple Big Mac's.  Is it worth it???  Yep, if it makes you feel good  :031:

Offline MTS

• Tiger God
« Reply #7 on: 31 October, 2011, 11:42:29 PM »
*Originally Posted by fjrod [+]
*Originally Posted by mbtiger [+]
I put the probability of the cat "falling out" right up there with me winning the lottery four weeks in a row  :001:  Took mine out with an air chisel, long drills, cold chisels a lot, and I mean a LOT of cussing.  That was NOT a fun job for an ill equipped amateur like me.  What did it accomplish?  Pipe is a bit louder.  Definitely did NOT increase gas mileage, might have gone the other way a bit.  Makes you feel like you are going faster but I don't think you really are  :084:  Makes the bike lighter until fill your luggage or you eat a couple Big Mac's.  Is it worth it???  Yep, if it makes you feel good  :031:

:745: :745: :745: :745: :745:
Stupidity is viral; please don't contract it!