Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Why not add an avatar to your profile ?

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Tape headlight for European riding  (Read 333 times)

Offline Adriano61

• Tiger Member
Tape headlight for European riding
« on: 21 June, 2011, 05:12:07 PM »
Off to France soon and, as it's the law, I would like to know how to divert the dip beam on my Tiger 1050 using the good old electricians tape! Just checked and there seems to be no markings on the glass - and Triumph thought I was a numpty for even asking if they sold a deflector. Even their guys said they didn't bother! But it IS the law...

Offline Lofty

• Tiger God
  • City / Town: Worthing
Re: Tape headlight for European riding
« Reply #1 on: 21 June, 2011, 05:19:18 PM »
You can't do it. The reflector design doesn't allow it, its not like the earlier design glass front that had a prism design on the lens to intensify the beam.
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!

Offline Adriano61

• Tiger Member
« Reply #2 on: 21 June, 2011, 06:02:42 PM »
Does that mean that the dipped bean is actually "pan-european" - legal on the continent as well as in the UK - or is there really no fix to make it legal?

Offline NiK

• Tiger God
  • City / Town: Marseille
« Reply #3 on: 21 June, 2011, 06:22:10 PM »
I really don't know what you're talking about!
AFAIK, the headlight is exactly the same in UK and in France! Here, the only law is having the dipped beam on all the time.
The world divides in two: those who own a Triumph and those who never tried one...

Offline Tigger1050

• Tiger God
« Reply #4 on: 28 June, 2011, 05:59:04 PM »
The headlamp on the tiger 1050 is pan European.
It has a kidney bean shaped beam pattern with no significant highpoint on either side of the beam so can be used throughout Europe with no worries.
Enjoy your trip
Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.