Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Warm welcome to our new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Who can run my tune. Who can not.  (Read 61777 times)

Offline ZAWA

• Tiger Member
Re: Who can run my tune. Who can not.
« Reply #30 on: 11 August, 2011, 12:37:22 PM »
I guess that the fouled plug was not caused by your Tune :431:  Motor let go 200miles later after changing your tune and it was the center cylinder which was the one that the fouled plug came from.

Offline indytiger1050

• Tiger Supporter
  • Supreme Tiger
  • Bike/Model: 2007 White Tiger
  • City / Town: Indianapolis
« Reply #31 on: 12 August, 2011, 12:16:45 AM »
*Originally Posted by ZAWA [+]
I guess that the fouled plug was not caused by your Tune :431:  Motor let go 200miles later after changing your tune and it was the center cylinder which was the one that the fouled plug came from.
:005:

I am sorry to hear about your engine. No matter what tune was running that really sucks big time.
Support the forum.   :031:

Offline rhector

• Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: 2007
  • City / Town: Columbus, Ohio
« Reply #32 on: 12 August, 2011, 12:58:46 AM »
I've been running the Arrow Race tune (ver. 3) for a month or so now.  I can't be 100% sure, but here are my seat of the pants observations.

1) Indy's tune is smoother
2) Arrow Race tune seems faster in the higher rpm's

I think your tune is a little too rich on the higher end for my bike and almost seems like it bogs it down.  When I wack the throttle in second gear using the Arrow tune, the front end gets light and there is no evidence of black smoke coming from my exhaust.  Your tune had black smoke and never seemed to feel like it was going to wheelie.

Again, only my opinion, and I have no actual proof.  I do know for a fact that your tune is smoother though.

Offline jkd102

• Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: 2017 Tiger Sport 1050
  • City / Town: Auckland
« Reply #33 on: 12 August, 2011, 01:18:22 AM »
Hi Indy,

I can now report that this tune works fine with the TOR pipe & other mods as per your setup.  :028:
My first impression was not favorable (my older posts) but after loading the Modded tune with revised idle settings - its a different ball game.
I'll run it for a while & then try 20155 again to determine which one I'll keep as they both work well.
Initial impressions are pretty good but it does feel similar to 20155 which goes to show that the Triumph boffins have done some great work on this one.
Matt Black 17 Tiger Sport - SC-Project Carbon, Radguard, Re-Trimmed seat, Fenda Extenda, 30mm Bar Risers, Puig screen deflector, Heavy bar ends, JBQ Shifter, Vario Pegs, SW Motech City Evo Tank Bag, Triumph Tankpad & Centerstand, Ventura rear rack.

Offline indytiger1050

• Tiger Supporter
  • Supreme Tiger
  • Bike/Model: 2007 White Tiger
  • City / Town: Indianapolis
« Reply #34 on: 12 August, 2011, 01:21:11 AM »
Rhector you will have to give my bike a try when in town.

See you soon.   :031:
Support the forum.   :031:

Offline rhector

• Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: 2007
  • City / Town: Columbus, Ohio
« Reply #35 on: 12 August, 2011, 02:25:43 AM »
*Originally Posted by indytiger1050 [+]
Rhector you will have to give my bike a try when in town.

See you soon.   :031:

Sounds good.  I'll probably order my tickets next week.

Offline Joestotn

• Tiger Newbie
« Reply #36 on: 24 August, 2011, 12:26:28 AM »
I've got your tune in my bike.

Airbox open on both sides, dogbone in still and center enlarged.
Decat
LV pipe.

It is a little snatchy on the bottom but I couldn't get the tps reset either. I'll try the modded version of it tonight and see how it does. Mine also has stalled a few times here and there.
The top end is great! However the rear of my pipe is very black and covering the rear with suet. My riding buddies say it does blow black smoke a little in the higher rpms. I may try to lean it down a hair in the top. I'm not real proficient at tune ecu yet, so I'm not real brave to go in there and start leaning things out. I'll post back what happens.
07' Tiger Black
02' KTM 453 EXC

Offline trumpet tigger

• Tiger God
  • Born free, taxed to death!
  • Bike/Model: 2010 Tiger SE
  • City / Town: Beverley
« Reply #37 on: 03 October, 2011, 11:23:45 PM »
My second attempt at using this tune is much better. Last time I had Arrow street which was too restrictive and I could not reset TPS because of idle speed not being stock (did not know it had to be set to 1170).

Intake opened on rhs and central aperture widened.
K&N filter
Arrow street with baffle out (same as race can now)
Decat
95 octane EN228 (5% max ethanol)

Tune runs as smooth as 20378 but makes better torque and power. Is much smoother than non-sai Arrow race (new version). Still getting very loud popping on decel accompanied by flames out the back. Gonna have to research what is involved in removing SAI to cure this I think.

Hope to get it checked on the dyno soon so will post details as soon as poss.

Many thanks to Mark for letting us all have a play with it.

Offline HARRRRRRRRRR

• Tiger Member
« Reply #38 on: 19 October, 2011, 09:20:15 PM »
Frankenstein-Indy tune is ready!

Since I got rid of the SAI, I copied the L tables from the 20166 (non sai tune) to Indy tune. It should be better for low tps openings.

Stay tuned for the test...

Offline Carey

• Tiger God
  • City / Town: Central PA
« Reply #39 on: 19 October, 2011, 11:13:54 PM »
Indy,

How can I get a copy of your tune to try?

jdk102,

You referenced tune 20155.  Is that a typo?  Per the TuneECU sote, that tune is for a Daytona 675.