Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Why not add an avatar to your profile ?

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 19 tooth front sprocket  (Read 725 times)

Offline maxwell123455

• Tiger Newbie
19 tooth front sprocket
« on: 05 June, 2011, 06:34:33 PM »
Hi all

Ive only been riding the triumph for a week as it was my dads for 2 years before this. Ive done over 1000 miles in the past week with quite alot of this being on long open/winding roads or motorway.  Anyway ive noticed that the speedo is quite a bit out with my GPS with an indicated speed of 70mph actually only being 64-65mph.  I know this is not uncommon but this really ticks me off.

So my few questions are to those who have completed this simple mod.

What is the GPS reading when your at an indicated 70mph?

Has your mpg changed much?

What does the bike now feel like?  Do you have to rev it quite hard to get it smoothly between gears, or does the Tiger have so much grunt you dont really notice.

Also what is the mph when you let the clutch out in first with no revs, only tickover?

Cheers guys/gals, just this really ticks me off that manufactures always build in pretty big FOS within MPH/MPG. 

Offline luisc

• Tiger Pro
  • City / Town: Hialeah FL
Re: 19 tooth front sprocket
« Reply #1 on: 06 June, 2011, 02:39:58 AM »
All I can tell you  is the speedo would be right on, the odo off by same%, and you would not be felling that byke going to clime the walls

Offline rles

• Tiger Member
  • Black 2009 Tiger
  • Bike/Model: 2009 Tiger
« Reply #2 on: 07 June, 2011, 12:04:38 PM »
I think the TuneECU program has the option to adjust the speedo. Now that's a great excuse to tune the bike....  :046:
Remus Powercone, Hyperpro front/rear springs, GiPro gear indicator, hand guards, BMC filter, snorkel surgery, aux power socket, Bagster tank bag, Triumph panniers and seat pack, R&G engine case sliders, flat black wheels, SBS Street Excel Sinter pads.

Offline tomeckert

• Tiger Member
« Reply #3 on: 07 June, 2011, 08:40:14 PM »
I replaced my 18 tooth sproket with a 19 tooth and it corrected the speedo.

Offline ktm_guy

• Tiger Member
  • Street or dirt, it's all good
« Reply #4 on: 07 June, 2011, 10:35:22 PM »
I like the stock gearing and would not want to make 1st any taller.  TuneECU is your answer. 

Have the map you are running down loaded to TuneECU.  Double click in the speedo then click the down arrow so the window shows -5%.  Now download to the bike ECU, reset TPS and ride.

Offline maxwell123455

• Tiger Newbie
« Reply #5 on: 11 June, 2011, 06:19:55 PM »
Think i might just buy a 19 tooth sprocket when im next getting my tyres replaced before i take a week trip to england and report back with my findings.

Offline rles

• Tiger Member
  • Black 2009 Tiger
  • Bike/Model: 2009 Tiger
« Reply #6 on: 11 June, 2011, 06:45:27 PM »
I'm curious to hear your findings. Going from 18 to 19 is 5.5 % which (IMO) is very, very much. Low down in the rev range this will not favour smooth running. Still, I'm curious!
Remus Powercone, Hyperpro front/rear springs, GiPro gear indicator, hand guards, BMC filter, snorkel surgery, aux power socket, Bagster tank bag, Triumph panniers and seat pack, R&G engine case sliders, flat black wheels, SBS Street Excel Sinter pads.

Online Yellow Dog

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • City / Town: AUCKLAND
« Reply #7 on: 14 June, 2011, 09:40:14 AM »
Agreed that Tune ECU will allow you to adjust the speedo.

No thanks to the 19T sprocket  :110:
2018 TIGER 1050 SPORT (c8