Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Warm welcome to our new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Tuneboy  (Read 1365 times)

Offline azccj

• Tiger Member
Tuneboy
« on: 27 July, 2007, 02:23:52 AM »
Just got the Tuneboy and it works just as advertised. You can load your own ECU maps, change the maps anyway you want and see what every single sensor is doing while the engine is running. Very easy to use and will do just about everything the factory tool will do and more. . Well worth the $420.00 it cost.

http://www.newspeed3.com/html/tuneboy.html

Offline keith14

• Tiger Master
Re: Tuneboy
« Reply #1 on: 27 July, 2007, 03:48:29 AM »
AZCCJ. Looks like a good bit of kit for the Triumph owner. I'm a bit Jurassic when it comes to electronics.  :087:

I will take my chances and rely on the spanner man in my local Trumpet dealers, to load up the TOR tune for me. I will be standing right next to him when he does it, taking it all in. I have been quoted $45. :003:
Rides
07 Tiger

Offline Motodude

• Tiger Pro
  • Like Steve McQueen, all's I need is a fast machine
  • Bike/Model: 2007 Speed Tiger
  • City / Town: Spokane, WA
Re: Tuneboy
« Reply #2 on: 27 July, 2007, 04:50:45 PM »
I'll be very interested in your experience with the Tune Boy and the maps you develop. It should be fairly easy to make initial throttle response smooth, however, without an exhaust gas analyzer adjustments at higher rpm would seem to be trial and error.

The oxygen sensor keeps the ECU in a closed loop for a certain range of operation which I've heard is up to 5100 rpm. I'm not sure if the Tune Boy can over-ride this feed back loop.

I love programmable fuel injection systems and began messing with them back in '93 (Haltech from Australia) and the Power Commanders. But the factory TOR tune runs so good, I'm not sure there would be benefits. :465:

Offline motorpsycho

• Tiger Member
Tuneboy_Seattle
« Reply #3 on: 02 August, 2007, 03:43:04 PM »
I just purchased a new Tuneboy for Triumph and am anxious to use it. If you have a Triumph, live in the Seattle area and would like a custom map loaded into your ECU, you can contact me at: performancemax@gmail.com

Offline Rayleon1

• Tiger Master
Re: Tuneboy_Seattle
« Reply #4 on: 21 August, 2007, 10:25:53 PM »
*Originally Posted by motorpsycho [+]
I just purchased a new Tuneboy for Triumph and am anxious to use it. If you have a Triumph, live in the Seattle area and would like a custom map loaded into your ECU, you can contact me at: performancemax@gmail.com

Hi, did you have any luck getting any custom maps?

Ray.
Triumph Explorer
Kawasaki KLE500
XL600LMF