Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Why not add an avatar to your profile ?

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Pannier mounting rails  (Read 707 times)

Offline airwar

• Tiger Member
Pannier mounting rails
« on: 30 December, 2010, 08:45:01 AM »
I have the panniers but no mounting kit.... So if anyone has them going spare, I would be happy to purchase and collect, within reason.

I also need yellow infills and a grab rail.

Cheers

AirWar
Who said it could rain?

Offline blackrider

• Ex Member
  • Tiger Newbie
Re: Pannier mounting rails
« Reply #1 on: 07 January, 2011, 05:13:45 PM »
I have a brand new in the box grab rail kit availlable, part number A9758096 to be sure !

Offline tiggersteve

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 1050 now KTM 1290SAS
  • City / Town: doddington cambs
« Reply #2 on: 07 January, 2011, 05:26:50 PM »
airwar,
If your struggling for the metal tubular support frames i can make you a left side, the original right side is a no because the bends are too close together for my pipe bender
( I make a modified right hand frame for a full size box )
if it's any help let me know,

Offline airwar

• Tiger Member
« Reply #3 on: 08 January, 2011, 07:55:23 AM »
Thanks for the offer Tigersteve but I think I am going to have to bite the bullet and buy the mounting kit as a whole from a dealer... :003:

It will still be cheaper than the entire pannier kit new though.

One question though regarding the grad rails. On my bike I have the handles either side of the seat. Does this have to be replaced with the version that fits behind the seat?

Cheers

AirWar
Who said it could rain?

Offline Bryn

• Tiger Master
« Reply #4 on: 08 January, 2011, 09:30:25 AM »
*Originally Posted by airwar [+]
Thanks for the offer Tigersteve but I think I am going to have to bite the bullet and buy the mounting kit as a whole from a dealer... :003:

It will still be cheaper than the entire pannier kit new though.

One question though regarding the grad rails. On my bike I have the handles either side of the seat. Does this have to be replaced with the version that fits behind the seat?

Cheers

AirWar

Indeed it does.... if you have OE panniers fitted, you'll need to remove the side grab handles and replace with the single one at the back - the rear mounting points for the rails bolt to the grab rail, so unaviodable  :016:
« Last Edit: 08 January, 2011, 10:51:04 AM by Bryn »