Products and Services from Approved Forum Vendors > IndyTiger1050 Radiator Guards

SilverFish Radiator guards pre orders being taken U.S. side of pond.

(1/20) > >>

indytiger1050:
After many trials, looks like it will happen.

Pre order's will be $125 plus shipping. (actual cost)
These will be anodized black and can be powder coated any color.

I anodized the guards to prevent any oxidation IF the powder coat was ever damaged.
Anodizing is great, but will fade with time.
Took this extra step so these will last the life of the bike.

I purchased my guard over a year ago. No issue's with cooling.
After seeing several other guards out there, not built as well and a price that was not in line with the materials and labor it took to make them.
 I worked with Silverfish to get out his Superior design on the market.   

bomber:
after riding around Moab last fall, I am convinced I need this  . . . . who does one pre-order, Indy?

Is beer involved?

indytiger1050:
Originally Posted by bomber after riding around Moab last fall, I am convinced I need this  . . . . who does one pre-order, Indy?

Is beer involved?
Just say the word.   

Of course beer is involved.  Cold beer with install, anytime.      :031:

It could be a excuse for a trip down my way.   

David B:
Looks great.  Glad to see they're now available.  Put me down for one.  Do I understand correctly that the best way to go is anodizing AND powder coating?  If this is the case, I'll take both.  I understand it's an extra cost.  Thanks for helping out the community.

David B

indytiger1050:
Hi David.   The original where just powder coated.

Have worked fine, no chipping or corrosion to date, my thought was it is just a matter of time and a rock will chip the powder coat off.
Once open the aluminum will corrode under the coat and spread out.
  Info on anodizing. http://www.superiormetals.us/faq-what-is-anodizing.htm
Anodized colors will fade over time, for a low price any company can retreat it.
Powder coating does not tend to fade is very tough, but can crack if hit hard enough.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version