Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Warm welcome to our new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Moto GP-in the USA 2008  (Read 808 times)

Offline Ring66

• Tiger Pro
Moto GP-in the USA 2008
« on: 17 July, 2007, 04:13:06 AM »
Here's a bit of news from Cycle World magazine.

What Formula One taketh away, MotoGP giveth back! Less than a week after it was announced that F-1 cars would not be returning to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway in 2008 comes the announcement that MotoGP bikes will race at the world-famous circuit next year.

The Red Bull Indianapolis Grand Prix will take place Sunday, September 14, on a new 16-turn, 2.6-mile motorcycle road course that will feature the riders traveling counter-clockwise, the same direction as the facility?s oval events. The 125 and 250cc classes also will compete as support series during the weekend.

?We welcome the excitement and passion of MotoGP racing and its fans,? said Joie Chitwood, IMS president and chief operating officer. ?The very first motorized race at IMS was on two wheels, so it?s only fitting that motorcycles are returning as we approach the 100th anniversary of the track. Fans of MotoGP know just how thrilling this form of racing is, and our new road-course configuration will create even more side-by-side action and passing opportunities.?

I'm happy as I live in Chicago, less than a 4 hour ride. I better start looking for motels now. :062:
White 1050
1998 Honda Shadow ACE Tourer-last bike (traded)
1978 Honda CB750F (sold)

Offline PhilA

• Non Active
  • Tiger God
Re: Moto GP-in the USA 2008
« Reply #1 on: 17 July, 2007, 08:04:21 AM »
I hope they make the circuit more interesting than it was for F1. It was a disaster for that series and i cringed watching it.The only elevation change was as they went on the banking . When you look at some of the new circuits being built around the world for F1 you have to wonder why they keep on making the same mistakes in America by going for crappy street circuits in cities or a part oval.
 If they get it right for Moto GP i'm sure the atmosphere would be unreal there .

Offline Lofty

• Tiger God
  • City / Town: Worthing
« Reply #2 on: 17 July, 2007, 11:16:14 AM »
The exception being Laguna Seca. What a circuit- pity Rossi doesn't like it. :008:
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!

Offline blchandl2

• Tiger God
« Reply #3 on: 17 July, 2007, 04:57:18 PM »
Submitted my ticket application last night. The Speedway website shows the track layout. They have made some changes from the F-1 track. Total of 16 turns, ~2.7 miles.

See you there!
Blchandl2
'07 Tiger 1050 - SOLD!
'09 Bandit 1250S
MSF Rider Coach
PEACE........something to shoot for