Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Warm welcome to our new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Throttle bodies  (Read 668 times)

Offline nigelj

• Tiger God
  • City / Town: Cheddington
Throttle bodies
« on: 17 January, 2010, 11:43:43 AM »
After my first attempt using tuneboy, I've installed Ken's tune, and the bike still runs I'm happy to say!

I took a look at the test screen in tuneboy...the bike's idling at 1150-1200 which is OK...the 3 cylinder numbers aren't the same...from 1-3 they are 465, 450 and 457.

Is this amount of variation between them enough to worry about and re-tune the bodies, or not to worry? What does the variation number need to be before the bodies need doing?

Thanks

Offline towersk

• Tiger Master
  • Ken
Re: Throttle bodies
« Reply #1 on: 17 January, 2010, 08:06:05 PM »
I think the resolution on the Map sensor is 5 ? 7 counts, so you have 1 a notch high and 1 a notch low.  Mine are all within one notch.  I don?t think that?s enough difference to worry about, but if you really want to fiddle around you can get them a little better.  I?ve never had to adjust mine, but somewhere I saw a post that you can do it without removing the tank, just the side trim panels.

Cheers -  :031:
Ken

Offline nigelj

• Tiger God
  • City / Town: Cheddington
« Reply #2 on: 17 January, 2010, 08:20:12 PM »
Thanks Ken.

The dealer who did my 6000 mile service also said you can do the balance with the tank on (although he obviously didn't do it too well, did he!?). I don't think I'll bother for the moment...maybe I'll have a bash when the weather warms up in the spring, unless the numbers worsen in the meantime.

Offline dikman

• Non Active
  • Supreme Tiger
« Reply #3 on: 17 January, 2010, 11:15:37 PM »
Mine were out a bit more than yours, so I adjusted them so they're all the same but can't say I noticed any difference. You can do it with a long screwdriver, but you need to know exactly where to poke it!! (I didn't).
'08 Tiger Blue (Gone but not forgotten).....replaced with
'08 Guzzi Breva (the lump).
'05 Opal/Tangerine T-100 Bonnie