Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Why not add an avatar to your profile ?

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Got it...  (Read 693 times)

Offline nigelj

• Tiger God
  • City / Town: Cheddington
Got it...
« on: 17 December, 2009, 06:26:43 PM »
The kit arrived today. I had a bit of trouble connecting the bike to my Mac...it kept giving me a message to restore the tune download, which obviusly I hadn't started yet...was OK when i swapped USB ports. I've just emailed for my ECU key, then I'll install Ken's tune. Probably won't get to try it for some days/weeks as the weather seems to be proper winter now  :003:

Can someone tell me...which readings in TuneBoy would I use to check/adjust throttle body balance?

Cheers, N

Offline towersk

• Tiger Master
  • Ken
Re: Got it...
« Reply #1 on: 17 December, 2009, 10:17:17 PM »
I was wondering if you were ever going to get it!  :046: The best way to check throttle body balance is the "Tests" function in TuneBoy.  The update rate is faster than than the "Sensors" function.  I'm at 43.5 give or take one notch between all three.  I can't remember exactly, but the resolution is three to seven counts - one notch.

It will be a few months before Panthera will come out of hibernation and play again; -3 days and -15 nights right now.

I'm not exactly sure what the units on the "Sensors" function are, but I'm assuming that the barometric pressure is in mm-Hg and the MAP pressure is in cm-Hg for MAP 1&2 and an incorrect decimal placement on MAP 3.  I can't remember if the same is true for the "Tests" function.  Attached is the decimal point fix for MAP 3.  Replace the SensorData.ini file in "Skins/Standard".  No big deal, I just like matching units.

Cheers -  :031:
Ken
« Last Edit: 17 December, 2009, 10:24:40 PM by towersk »

Offline dikman

• Non Active
  • Supreme Tiger
« Reply #2 on: 17 December, 2009, 10:46:28 PM »
 :062: You'll have a lot of fun ( :015:) just watching all the readings on the display, thinking "what does it all mean?"  :008:. Yep, Test page works well for throttlebody balancing, don't worry about the actual values, as such, you just want them to read the same. It took me a while, adjusting, blipping the throttle, waiting for it to settle down, then repeating the process, but eventually you'll get it.

Anyhow, now that the weather's deteriorating over there, it'll give you more time to read/learn all about EFI tuning, so you can become a 7th. dan Tuneboy Master  :007:.
'08 Tiger Blue (Gone but not forgotten).....replaced with
'08 Guzzi Breva (the lump).
'05 Opal/Tangerine T-100 Bonnie

Offline nigelj

• Tiger God
  • City / Town: Cheddington
« Reply #3 on: 18 December, 2009, 04:32:19 PM »
*Originally Posted by dikman [+]
...Test page works well for throttlebody balancing, don't worry about the actual values, as such, you just want them to read the same. It took me a while, adjusting, blipping the throttle, waiting for it to settle down, then repeating the process, but eventually you'll get it.

is that the idle stepper test?

Offline towersk

• Tiger Master
  • Ken
« Reply #4 on: 18 December, 2009, 09:02:08 PM »
The idle stepper test is an engine off key on test.  It will allow you to set the throttle position sensor.  If I remember correctly it is a two part test, and the throttle stepper will make a lot of noise.  Mine was within spec the few times that I ran the test.  There is more info on the Speed Triple site.

To check the throttle body balance no special tests are selected.

Cheers -  :031:
Ken