Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Why not add an avatar to your profile ?

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Tuneboy group buy  (Read 1186 times)

Offline curtkrouze

• Tiger Member
Tuneboy group buy
« on: 30 October, 2009, 01:47:42 PM »
I see there is a group buy on the 675 site for a tuneboy starter kit...is anyone else going to buy?  ...I'm not familiar with this product but it sounds like a must have if you like to mess around like I do. Are all tuneboy kits the same or are the parameters different based on the model and ECU of your bike?  ...any other comments before I buy would be appreciated...thanks  ...Curt

Offline johnparjr

• Tiger Master
Re: Tuneboy group buy
« Reply #1 on: 30 October, 2009, 01:50:15 PM »
Search is your friend :157:

Offline fjrod

• Tiger Master
« Reply #2 on: 30 October, 2009, 03:41:17 PM »
*Originally Posted by curtkrouze [+]
I see there is a group buy on the 675 site for a tuneboy starter kit...is anyone else going to buy?  ...I'm not familiar with this product but it sounds like a must have if you like to mess around like I do. Are all tuneboy kits the same or are the parameters different based on the model and ECU of your bike?  ...any other comments before I buy would be appreciated...thanks  ...Curt
http://www.tuneboy.com.au/Products/Products.html

Something to keep in mind is that, yes Tuneboy is a powerful tool, but you have to understand how to use it.  It is fully capable of putting parameters into an ECU that will damage your engine severely.  If you don't plan to put some time into learning how it operates, having one is like giving a kid a hammer and some blasting caps.

Offline KildareMan

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 800
  • City / Town: Naas
« Reply #3 on: 30 October, 2009, 07:09:02 PM »
*Originally Posted by fjrod [+]
http://www.tuneboy.com.au/Products/Products.html

Something to keep in mind is that, yes Tuneboy is a powerful tool, but you have to understand how to use it.  It is fully capable of putting parameters into an ECU that will damage your engine severely.  If you don't plan to put some time into learning how it operates, having one is like giving a kid a hammer and some blasting caps.

Hence the reason I went with the Dealertool instead  :007:
Happily riding my Tiger 800

Offline germax

• Tiger Master
  • City / Town: Mississauga
« Reply #4 on: 30 October, 2009, 07:46:10 PM »
That sounds like fun :)  :173:

*Originally Posted by fjrod [+]
having one is like giving a kid a hammer and some blasting caps.

Offline dikman

• Non Active
  • Supreme Tiger
« Reply #5 on: 31 October, 2009, 01:28:22 AM »
fjrod is right. It's a steep learning curve and you've got to be prepared to spend the time learning how to use it. I guess it depends what exactly you want to do with it.

There's been  a few posts on here about it, also a lot on thespeedtriple.com forum (those guys are a bit more "hardcore" than here, we are rather genteel  :001:).
'08 Tiger Blue (Gone but not forgotten).....replaced with
'08 Guzzi Breva (the lump).
'05 Opal/Tangerine T-100 Bonnie

Offline fjrod

• Tiger Master
« Reply #6 on: 31 October, 2009, 02:02:39 AM »
I used a version 2.4 on my 02 and 04 Sprints.  I had great plans to optimize EVERYTHING.  All I did was load a couple of other peoples tunes, played with the spark advance (the most dangerous thing you can do), and when it was all over and done with I used the TOR tune.  What did achieve is that I could read error codes, reset them and fix problems.  The Version 3 is amazing.  You can tune each cylinder, balance carbs, etc, etc, etc.   My bike is running really well and I thought I could do without a $400 toy that I would seldom use.  That was until my engine error light came on and I saw how dependent you are on a dealer without it.

Yes you CAN play with maps, but I would rather just let someone else do the work.  There are some really sharp people who actually like to spend hours and hours playing with Tuneboy.  Good news, they don't mind sharing.

Offline towersk

• Tiger Master
  • Ken
« Reply #7 on: 14 November, 2009, 11:07:40 PM »
It is a good diagnostic tool, and can save you some money in the long run.  You can check/adjust the throttle body balance yourself and in the unlikely event  :187: of having a sensor go bad you can diagnose it yourself.

When everything is running right get a screen shot of the TuneBoy sensor page to keep for reference.  You then have something for comparison when something is wrong.

There is a lot of help here, so don't worry about getting a complicated tool - the features will become useful.

Cheers -  :031:
Ken

Offline towersk

• Tiger Master
  • Ken
« Reply #8 on: 14 November, 2009, 11:13:30 PM »
germax - have you checked out www.ontariorats.com - great bunch out of Niagara Falls, and the SWOMP Rats out of London - www.swomprats.ca

The SWOMP Rats are having a fantastic Christmas party again this year November 28th.

Cheers -  :031:
Ken

Offline nigelj

• Tiger God
  • City / Town: Cheddington
« Reply #9 on: 15 November, 2009, 07:41:13 AM »

it's here, and I put a link to it earlier in this thread...as johnparjr says, search first  :016: