Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Why not add an avatar to your profile ?

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: DealerTune and Tuneboy questions  (Read 793 times)

Offline mi2az

• Tiger Newbie
DealerTune and Tuneboy questions
« on: 19 September, 2009, 02:57:56 AM »
If I were to do my own wrenching, are one of these products a worth while investment?

Trying to read through the forums and the DealerTool website. If I wanted to do a Carb-Sync, is using this tool a method of doing it or do you use the Carb-Tune or other vacuum measureing device to sync the carbs and then manualy adjusting them or does this tool do it for you of course using the edit option for additional $100.00?

If I purchase the "Key", would this key work for all of my wrenching needs or does this key expire ?

Any other input would be appriciated

Offline dikman

• Non Active
  • Supreme Tiger
Re: DealerTune and Tuneboy questions
« Reply #1 on: 19 September, 2009, 08:14:52 AM »
First of all,  :405:. Both tools (I assume you mean the "Dealertool") will let you balance the throttle bodies, as well as read many of the sensor settings and reset fault codes. Tuneboy will also let you change settings in the mapping tables, however if you're only interested in doing maintenance then the Dealertool would be cheaper and easier to use. KildareMan has one, so he may provide more detailed information for you.

A Tuneboy key is specific to a particular ECU, and doesn't expire.

Neither tool will actually balance the throttlebodies for you, they simply give you a readout to look at while you adjust the setscrews. It's not diffiult to do, but it's fiddly, as you have to remove the tank and the airbox, then hook the tank back temporarily to run the engine while adjusting the screws.

The other thing you will definitely need is the workshop manual.

Hope this helps.
'08 Tiger Blue (Gone but not forgotten).....replaced with
'08 Guzzi Breva (the lump).
'05 Opal/Tangerine T-100 Bonnie

Offline mi2az

• Tiger Newbie
Re: DealerTune and Tuneboy questions
« Reply #2 on: 20 September, 2009, 05:49:58 PM »
Yes, yhis does help.

Thanks

Offline nigelj

• Tiger God