Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Why not add an avatar to your profile ?

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Tuneboy tune for smoother throttle  (Read 2649 times)

Offline nigelj

• Tiger God
  • City / Town: Cheddington
Re: Tuneboy tune for smoother throttle
« Reply #20 on: 20 September, 2009, 07:31:21 PM »
*Originally Posted by dredone [+]
I was a little miffed about this whole concept...and the attitude towards the Power FRK guy.  I was wrong!
Yours and others work on smoothing out the low speed throttle response, etc. is actually very interesting and useful...even though I don't consider it an issue (for me).

anyway, nice work.

Dredone...I don't think anyone intended to show any bad 'attitude' to the good FRK doctor...we just kept asking for information, and data to back up claims, and it never materialised. Yes, Dik did ask far more technical and searching questions, and persisted, because the answers he/we got just didn't seem to stack up under close examination...this wasn't helped by the continuing lack of data. All being well I'll post data from my dyno runs later this week...hopefully it'll give us something to think about...or it may show my bike is about to die because of bad changes to the A/F ratio  :087:

Offline dikman

• Non Active
  • Supreme Tiger
« Reply #21 on: 21 September, 2009, 05:36:05 AM »
Thanks, dredone, no harm done  :001:.

Nige, have a bit of faith  :008: :008:.
'08 Tiger Blue (Gone but not forgotten).....replaced with
'08 Guzzi Breva (the lump).
'05 Opal/Tangerine T-100 Bonnie

Offline Befbever

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike/Model: Honda VFR1200F
« Reply #22 on: 09 November, 2009, 02:47:24 PM »
Well cover me in egg and flower and bake me for 14 minutes!  :157:

I just received my TunEdit key from Emma and now I'm editing the post coz I was wrong earlier.
I distinctly saw the mechanic load in a map when he'd put on the Arrow Race can and misread the tune name when I posted earlier. I always trusted that I had the Arrow Race tune in my bike but turns out I had the 20165 tune in the ECU: 1050cc Tiger with standard exhaust without catalyst and secondary air injection. While I do have a cat and SAI.

Or...does the ECU always say 20165 no matter what Triumph tune is put in?

« Last Edit: 09 November, 2009, 04:10:00 PM by Befbever »
- Aprilia Futura '01. Every performance/suspension/brake mod you can think of. Parting out at the moment.

- Honda VFR1200F. Replaced the Tiger.

Offline hans

• Tiger Master
  • Yellow tiger 1050
  • Bike/Model: Yellow Tiger1050
  • City / Town: Dreumel
« Reply #23 on: 09 November, 2009, 07:02:39 PM »
Hello Befbever,

This is the case following the explanation on a Germain forum.
You always see the same tune whatever is loaded.

Hansw

Offline Befbever

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #24 on: 09 November, 2009, 09:18:26 PM »
Thank you Hans. However thinking about it I'm certain I saw 20164 and looked it up on the Tuneboy site while still connected to the bike. In the Tunedit key request e-mail it said 20165.
Also while still connected to the bike I compared the graph of the map the dealer loaded to the Arrow map and I'm positive it was different.

The only stupid thing I did was to not save the map that the dealer loaded.
 :157:
- Aprilia Futura '01. Every performance/suspension/brake mod you can think of. Parting out at the moment.

Offline dikman

• Non Active
  • Supreme Tiger
« Reply #25 on: 10 November, 2009, 12:08:53 AM »
"Well cover me in egg and flower and bake me for 14 minutes!"  :008: Does that make you a befcake, as opposed to a cupcake?

Doesn't really matter what's installed, Bef, if you've got a Tuneboy install what you want and then you definitely  know what's in there :028:.
'08 Tiger Blue (Gone but not forgotten).....replaced with
'08 Guzzi Breva (the lump).
'05 Opal/Tangerine T-100 Bonnie

Offline Befbever

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #26 on: 10 November, 2009, 08:21:14 AM »
We'd have to ask the ladies which one they'd prefer.  :016:

You're right of course, Dik. That's why I got the Tuneboy in the first place.
Except:
a. I've been commenting on the Arrow Race tune on here. A tune I did not have.
b. My faith in the dealer's knowledge and his mechanics is now close to zero. Especially after the 10k service they just did. Only took half an hour...  :087:

Not having the right tune for the exhaust and de-restricted airbox might explain why my can was always glowing red on the inside when I got home in the dark.

Offline Befbever

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #27 on: 10 November, 2009, 11:35:53 AM »
A short testride with the Arrow Race tune on cold, wet and greasy roads - no such probs in NSW I'm sure - revealed that the Arrow tune is much smoother than the one I had before. The bike has a tendency to stall while still on warm-up, more so than before. Yep, that means I stalled it...
Feels overly rich in warm-up area. More so than before.

Throttle response at low revs and speeds is definitely better. More grip than before at the rear, beats having to get traction control! Bike pulls cleanly through the rev range although due to conditions I didn't ride it like Stoner. Oh that's right: I never ride like Stoner.  :138:

Goes to show that the tune was made for the can. No surprises there.
I'll leave it alone until I've done more testing.

Oh and perhaps an e-mail to my dealer may be in order...