Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Warm welcome to our new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Josh Brookes and BSB mallory park..  (Read 400 times)

Offline Tigger1050

• Tiger God
Josh Brookes and BSB mallory park..
« on: 20 July, 2009, 07:03:46 PM »
WTF!
the guy's a loony.
not only has he wiped out any chance of guinters having a full season due to his efforts at donnington, but he pulled a similar stunt yesterday and took out 6 other riders in the process.
no wonder jack valentine was pi$$ed off.
into the hairpin and he braked so late he had no chance of ever stopping, rear wheel in the air, front went from under and he skittled simon andrews as he flew past superman style. he was flying through the air so fast he wiped andrews' bike out with his right hand.

is a two race ban enough punishment??
Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.

Offline Belco100

• Tiger Master
Re: Josh Brookes and BSB mallory park..
« Reply #1 on: 21 July, 2009, 02:03:31 PM »
I felt the same at first, especially after it put an early end to one of the best races of the year. I had a test ride on a Colchester Kawasaki 1400GTR the other day and met Simon Andrews who we now support, so I was exasperated that the two Airwaves guys were given first and second again. I wanted Josh Brooks banned for life and Stuart Higgs beheaded!

But I have changed my view now. Donnington Park was caused by a brake failure even though Honda have spent ages trying to cover it up to protect the Honda Brand (I wonder if Glen Richards crash was caused by this as well?) and Sundays crash was down to frustration and lack of track knowledge. Josh Brooks had closed up about 20 meters a lap for the last few laps and was clearly faster than the guys in front, he just couldn?t pass them. He went off line to try and outbreak Chris Walker, hit a bump and got flicked off. He only actually took the front bike out, all others crashed on oil/water/debris.

The race result just made things worse but are clearly stated in their rule book, and Stuart Higgs had the balls to stick to them.

I have paid for my Brands Hatch tickets already, and now another world star will not be there. Shame as Brands is one of the best tracks in the world for spectators.

Offline Lofty

• Tiger God
  • City / Town: Worthing
Re: Josh Brookes and BSB mallory park..
« Reply #2 on: 21 July, 2009, 02:08:28 PM »
I seem to remember that Honda had started using ABS on the WSB 'blade at the beginning of the season. Perhaps they're using it in BSB as well.
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!