Random Gallery Image

SL380709

Views: 95
Posted by: Stelyn
in: Stelyn

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Just fitted a new Battery Yuasa YB12BS  (Read 771 times)

Offline Paullie

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport (2013)
Re: Just fitted a new Battery Yuasa YB12BS
« Reply #10 on: 04 January, 2017, 01:38:23 PM »
I've a feeling the Tiger is a bit of a consumer of power even when switched off overnight. Has anyone tried fitting a battery master switch?

Online Rhead

• Tiger God
  • MELTING "YELLOW SNOW" FLAKES
  • Bike/Model: 07
  • City / Town: Long Island, N.Y
« Reply #11 on: 04 January, 2017, 03:47:02 PM »
That would be one more connection to worry about. The thing that matters most is the displacement of each cylinder. Ktm's and bmw's come with a 14 and are fine.

Offline Tatey

• Tiger Member
  • Topic Author
  • Get out and ride
  • Bike/Model: Triumph Tiger 1050
  • City / Town: Gateshead
« Reply #12 on: 04 January, 2017, 07:35:07 PM »
(They) are Internet search demon tweets, local bike dealers so on and so on and yes I have an Oxford products oxidised smart charger so thanks for the replies

Offline stevent

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike/Model: 1050 Tiger
  • City / Town: Buckley, Wa.
« Reply #13 on: 17 January, 2017, 04:52:05 PM »
I just replaced a sulfated year old 14 with a YTX12-BS, I invested in a Battery Tender too since I don't commute by bike as much as I used too. It appears I've made an internet faux pas by not buying another 14, I hate when that happens.

That said I added air to the tires at the same time so I'm sure the pound or two difference will sufficiently reduce rolling resistance to allow my puny 12 to keep a charge.. It also actually fits in the battery box where as the 14 was physically smaller and needed wooden block to hold it in place.

Who'd have thought that a battery thread could be as much fun as an oil thread? :084:
Carpe` Throttelum-

"sure I get the best parking spots, but who could love a man with a wooden leg and a face like a chickens backside"......